Latest Blog Posts

Red Velvet Pancakes

I'm no cook by any means, hence why I never share recipes. But I couldn't resist sharing this one with all of you. Pancakes are my guilty pleasure, and red velvet cake has always been a favorite as well. So you can imagine my excitement the first time I had these wonderful little things. Josh first discovered them when having breakfast with his dad a few weeks back, and I've wanted to make some from scratch ever since. We found a few different recipes and modified it into our own. Take a look...

 Ingredients: 
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon red food coloring
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
2 eggs
4 tablespoons melted butter 

Syrup:
Regular pancake syrup
cream cheese icing

Begin by preheating the skillet on medium-low (300°). Combine and mix thoroughly all of the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt). In a separate bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients (vanilla extract, white vinegar, food coloring, buttermilk, eggs), minus the butter. Once both bowls have been stirred thoroughly, slowly combine the two into one large bowl. Then, slowly add the melted butter to the mixture. For large pancakes, pour 1/2 cups of mixture into the skillet. Cook on one side for 1-2 minutes (or until the top begins to bubble). Then flip it, cooking for one more minute.

For the syrup, simply heat cream cheese icing in the microwave. Do not over heat the icing, causing the water to separate from the base. Drizzle the icing over pancakes, then add a layer of regular syrup.

Happy 4th of July!


Comments

  1. these look delicious. must. eat. now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's 1:30am here in the Philippines and this post just got me in the mood to make some pancakes! I love those and red velvet too ;] will definitely try this out soon! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had NO idea that red velvet cupcakes even existed!! Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look so yummy and I love the black and white picture, came out great!

    xxx
    Lily
    http://aridehome.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't had breakfast yet because I couldn't decide what to have, but I think I know what I'm having now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my, yum! the cream cheese icing wins it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your posts are always so unique!! Cream cheese icing sounds divine, I can't wait to try these out.

    Thanks for the inspiration, you rock! Happy 4th :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, I need to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look yummy but maybe a bit to sweet. :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmmmh I love pancakes. I should try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I must eat these tomorrow. They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Target sells red velvet pancake mix with frosting just like that...can be addictive:)

    http://msadaku.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum! I love red velvet cupcakes, these look incredible!! They would definitely be a guilty pleasure.

    x Olivia
    www.theblackpeony.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks so yummy, I will be trying out this recipe!

    xo Natasha
    http://thenightiswild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks SO GOOD! Two of my favorite things in one!!?! Going to try making them gf/df though. ;) Thanks for posting!!

    Lisie
    http://ohladylisie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks like delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely! should try that asap

    ReplyDelete
  18. these look amazing! two of my favourite things too--definitely giving it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Look so yummy! I must try these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. holy moly I'm sure these are delicious!

    grace
    http://herumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

If you have a question, please subscribe to the post via email so that you'll be notified once I've responded!

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove)